Another early wooden covered toll bridge over the Delaware River was the New Hope Delaware Bridge Company's link between New Hope and Lambertville. Designed by architect Lewis Wernwag using his own construction design, the bridge opened for business in September 1814.
The New Hope and Lambertville bridge had six spans, with a total length of 1,051 feet. It cost $67,936.37 to build.
Half of the original bridge washed away in an 1841 flood, and the structure was rebuilt. The entire bridge was destroyed in the October 10, 1903 flood. It was replaced with a steel bridge in 1904.