Yardley (1835 - 1903)

Yardley - Wilburtha

The Yardleyville Delaware Bridge Company opened its toll bridge in 1835. The original bridge was 903 feet long with six spans.

After 1859, churchgoers were allowed to use the bridge for free if they were going to and from services.

The entire wooden bridge was destroyed in the great October 1903 flood and it was replaced with a steel bridge in 1904