Point Pleasant - River Road (1850-1922)

Point Pleasant

The Point Pleasant covered bridge spanned the Tohickon Creek on River Road just west of the longer Point Pleasant - Byram covered bridge that crossed the Delaware River.

County records show the bridge was built in 1850.  It was wider than the typical county bridge at 16 feet, 8 inches. Another bridge sat nearby over the Geddes Run, which branched off the Tohickon Creek just north of the Point Pleasant bridge.

With an interior length of 149 feet, it was one of the longest county bridges that didn’t use a pier to reinforce the structure.

The Point Pleasant covered bridge was taken out of road service in 1923, at the same time as the Oakford covered bridge in lower Bucks County. The replacement concrete bridge cost $10,455.88.