River Road (1854-1932)


The River Road Covered Bridge spanned 166 feet over the Tinicum Creek on the current-day River Road.

It was also known as the Tinicum Creek or Delaware Valley House Bridge.  A tavern, the Delaware Valley House, once hosted tourists, including President Grover Cleveland who stayed at the hotel on a shad-fishing excursion.

The River Road covered bridge was taken over by the Pennsylvania Department of Highways in 1930 and demolished by the state in 1932.